2 Tbs. unsalted butter, more for greasing
14 oz. Mighty Fresh-Milled Bread Flour (about 3 1/4 cups)
1 Tbs. baking powder
1 ½ tsp. salt
12 oz. can of your favorite beer (a light lager works)
2 Tbs. honey
6 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese (about 1 ½ cups)
1. Heat the oven to 375F and grease a loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt. Still mixing, add the beer and honey in a slow steady stream until the batter becomes thick and mostly uniform (don’t over mix!). Fold in about 1/3 of the cheese.
3. Transfer the dough to the loaf pan and spread evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
4. Bake until the cheese browns uniformly and the loaf is firm to the touch, about 30 minutes.
5. Let cool to room temp and remove from the loaf pan. Slice and serve topped with the butter.