Our team is prepping for a football-filled Sunday with all the fresh-milled snacks. Chef Tony loves nothing more than game day meal prep, so we're sharing 3 of his favorite crowd-pleasing recipes.
Who knows whether the game will be close or the commercials watchable. One certainty is that One Mighty Mill can help you create the most snack-able, fresh-milled Super spread! Turn our tortillas, pretzels and mini bagels into the real draw for the big game. -- Chef Tony
Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas with Feta & Roasted Lemon Broccoli
Serves 8 as an appetizer
3 cooked chicken breasts, cut in ¾-inch dice (about 3 cups)
½ cup Frank’s RedHot sauce
2 cups roasted broccoli florets
Zest of 1 lemon
10 oz. feta, crumbled (about 1 1/2 cups)
3 Tbs. olive oil
1. In a medium bowl, toss the chicken with the hot sauce. In another bowl, toss the broccoli with the lemon zest.
2. To assemble the quesadillas, sprinkle half of the feta on 3 of the tortillas. Sprinkle the chicken and broccoli evenly across the cheese. Then top with the remaining feta and the remaining 3 tortillas.
3. To cook, working in batches, brown the quesadillas on both sides in a pre-heated cast-iron skillet (or heavy-based nonstick skillet) with 1 Tbs. oil over medium heat until the cheese melts and the quesadillas heat through, about 5 minutes total per quesadilla.
4. Serve immediately or hold in a 250F oven for 30 minutes.
OMM Sea Salt Pretzels with Lemon Hummus
This one is simple and quick. You can make your own hummus or, even easier, doctor store-bought with some fresh lemon juice and lemon zest. Then serve with a healthy drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkling of pimenton de la Vera, and a handful of Mighty Pretzels.
Two-Bite Pizzettas with Jalapeños & Roasted Corn (aka pizza bagels)
Serves 8 as an appetizer
1 pack of OMM Mighty Mini Bagels (10 each, halved)
14.5-oz can diced tomatoes, drained
12 leaves fresh basil, torn into pieces
1 Tbs. olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup corn kernels (from 2 ears roasted corn)
1 – 2 jalapenos, thinly sliced
12 oz. fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
1. Set the oven to 425F and arrange the halved bagels on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil. Bake the bagels until they start to brown lightly, about 8 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss the tomato with the basil, olive oil, 1 tsp. salt, and ½ tsp. pepper.
3. Spoon the tomato on top of the bagels and then top with the corn, jalapeno, and fresh mozzarella. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
4. Bake in a 425F oven until browned and melted, and 12 minutes. Serve immediately.