2 sticks butter (1/2 lb.), softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups OMM all-purpose flour (12.75 oz)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips (2 12-oz. bags)
1. Heat the oven to 375F and set a rack to the center position. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a stand-mixer using the paddle attachment or in a large bowl using a handmixer, cream the butter with the sugars on high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides using a spatula, reduce to medium speed, and beat in the eggs and vanilla.
3. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. While mixing on low speed, add first the flour mixture and then the chocolate chips to the mixture to combine; do not overmix!
4. Spoon heaping tablespoons of batter evenly spaced onto the baking sheets. Bake until the cookies set and become lightly browned at the edges, about 12 minutes.
5. Let sit for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Hold in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.