Serves 8 as an appetizer
Superbowl Sunday is in a few weeks and we're already prepping! If you're thinking it's time to give your recipe playbook a bit of a refresh, we've got a Mighty version of french onion dip that will quickly become a game day ritual. A couple of easy adds make this quick, but upscale riff on the party favorite that will surely become a staple in your everyday hosting repertoire. Just blend some cream cheese and sour cream with fresh thyme, caramelized onions, a little heat from Sriracha, and a punch of lemon zest for the perfect accompaniment to our Sea Salt pretzels. -- Chef Tony
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 Spanish onion, thinly sliced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
½ lb. cream cheese, softened to room temp
1/3 cup sour cream, softened to room temp
½ cup grated Parmigiano
2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
2 tsp. Sriracha
Zest of 1 lemon
1 bag OMM Sea Salt Pretzels
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it’s shimmering hot, about 1 ½ minutes.
2. Add the onion, sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt, and reduce to medium heat. Sauté, stirring often, until the onion softens completely and starts to brown, about 12 minutes.
3. Transfer to a food processor and add the cream cheese, sour cream, Parmigiano, thyme, Sriracha and lemon zest. Pulse until the mixture is well combined.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve with the OMM pretzels.