Mighty Sugar Cookies
Makes about 18-20 large cookies
2 sticks unsalted butter (8 oz.), softened to room temp
1 cup granulated white sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
13.5 oz. Revolution all-purpose flour (about 3 cups)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
Powdered sugar, for rolling out the dough
4 oz. sanding sugar (optional)
1. In a large stand-mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, on medium-high speed, cream the butter and sugar for about 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy. On low speed, beat in the eggs and vanilla.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Still mixing on low speed, add the flour to the butter mixture. Mix gently until just combined.
3. Using your hands, form the dough into 2 disc-like shapes and wrap with plastic wrap. Hold in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 2 days to set.
4. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Working 1 dough at a time and sprinkling with powdered sugar to avoid sticking, roll out the dough so it’s about ¼" thick; note, you can patch together the edges if they get shaggy. Use cookie molds to cut out the desired shapes and transfer to the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough. Note: you can form the scraps into one last dough.
5. Sprinkle the cookies with sanding sugar, if using. Bake in a preheated 375f oven for 10 mins or until the cookies set and lightly brown at the edges. Do NOT over bake. They should be a little chewy in the center. Cool and decorate. Happy holidays!